2. Short Version
The following is a summary of (but not a replacement for) this Privacy Notice:
- V-Labs SA is responsible for the processing, as controller, of your personal data. This Privacy Notice, however, only applies to our activities, and not to those of third party providers (even if we link to their services or contents) (see section 3);
- As part of our operation of the Services, we may collect personal data which is provided to us by you, your Organization, or which we collect automatically when you interact with the Services (see section 4);
- We process such personal data in compliance with Swiss laws and other laws applicable to us, mainly for the purpose of providing our Services, in particular to operate the Solution, in accordance with the contract between us and your organization, acting as a processor for your organization, or in some cases, as a controller for our legitimate business operations related to providing those Services. We may also process your personal data to analyze and improve the use of our Services, comply with our legal obligations, and for the other legitimate purposes indicated in this Privacy Notice (see section 7, as well as sections 5 and 6);
- Your personal data is stored in Switzerland and/or in the E.U. We do not share it with third parties or transfer it abroad unless this is both necessary for the operation of our Services and permitted by applicable laws. This may for instance be the case when we use service providers or must interact with third parties to conduct our professional activities. However, some information on the Solution is available publicly or to other users, and thus worldwide (see sections 8 and 10);
- We do not store your personal data for longer than necessary for us to fulfill the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice (see section 11);
- We apply security measures and strive to protect your personal data. However, no IT infrastructure is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that our is (see section 12);
You may contact us (email@example.com) to exercise your rights pertaining to your personal data (see sections 14 and 15).
3. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data
V-Labs SA, route de la Galaise 34, c/o Fongit, 1228 Plan-les-Ouates, Switzerland, is responsible for the processing, as controller, of your personal data. You will find our contact details below in section 13.
As further detailed in this Privacy Notice, we may process your personal data in connection with the professional Services we provide to your employer, respectively the organization to which you are affiliated in any other way (each an Organization). This Privacy Notice does not govern how your Organization processes your personal data through the Services. You must refer to your Organization’s policies. Please see section 8 below for additional information in this respect.
4. How we collect your personal data
5. How we process your personal data
6. On which legal ground do we process your personal data
7. Purposes for which we process your personal data
8. Our Operations with Your Organization
If you are an end user of a Service we provide to your Organization, please read the following:
- In the situations described above, our processing of your personal data is governed by a contract between us and your Organization. We will process your personal data as data processor for the provision of our Services to your Organization which is our customer.
- If you would like to make any requests or queries regarding our processing of your personal data on behalf of your Organization, please contact your Organization directly. For example, if you wish to request to access, correct, amend, or delete inaccurate personal data that was originally transmitted by your Organization, please direct your query to your Organization. If we are requested by your Organization to remove your personal data, we will respond to such request in a timely manner upon verification and in accordance with applicable law (for example, 30 days under Swiss law or the GDPR).
- If you have questions about our legitimate business operations in connection with providing Services to your Organization, please contact us as described in section 15.
9. The circumstances in which we share your personal data with third parties
10. International Transfers
11. How long do we store your personal data?
14. Your rights about the processing of your personal data
15. Contact Us
If you believe your personal data has been used in a way that is not consistent with this Privacy Notice, or if you have any questions or queries regarding the collection or processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be subject to amendments. Any changes or additions to the processing of personal data as described in this Privacy Notice affecting you will be communicated to you through an appropriate channel, depending on how we normally communicate with you (including by email and/or via the Solution, e.g. banners, pop-ups or other notification mechanisms). If you do not agree to the changes made, you must stop accessing and/or using the impacted Services.
Last updated: 21.12.2021